Sunday, December 15, 2013

P.S. on Jim Harrison of Previous Post

Not that I'm looking for anything but spiritual sustenance from any book, but several on my shelves are deemed valuable by booksellers.  It did surprise me that the most dollar-valuable book I own is Plain Song, Harrison's first book of poems, published by Norton in 1965.


I would have thought the most sought after would be his third book, Letters to Yesenin, because (according to what I read one time) Norton declined to publish it, so it was put out by a small press located near Harrison's northern Michigan home -- probably a press set up just to publish this book and owned or controlled by the poet himself.


His third book, Locations, also published by Norton, I have only in a paperback edition.  The poems within are equally as excellent as they are in the hardback edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment